By Ashwani K. Rai (Editor), Teruhiro Takabe (Editor)
A cutting-edge consultant to fresh advancements within the figuring out of plant reaction to abiotic stresses. each one bankruptcy displays how new concepts have helped physiologists, biochemists and molecular biologists to appreciate the fundamental difficulties of abiotic tension in plant species. The ebook provides wide bibliographies on the finish of every bankruptcy, in addition to tables and figures that illustrate the examine findings.
Read or Download Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Plants: Toward the Improvement of Global Environment and Food PDF
Similar biophysics books
Metastasis (spread of melanoma within the physique) is the most reason for dying for sufferers with breast melanoma, the top woman tumour within the industrialised nations and constructing international locations alike. The biology and therapy of breast melanoma metastasis continues to be an energetic quarter of clinical and medical research.
This single-volume dictionary will current the lives of person Scottish girls from earliest occasions to the current. Drawing on new scholarship and a large community and beginner historians, it's going to throw gentle at the adventure of girls from each type and classification in Scotland and one of the world wide Scottish diaspora.
This ASI introduced jointly a various team of specialists who span virology, biology, biophysics, chemistry, physics and engineering. fashionable academics representing international popular scientists from 9 (9) diverse nations, and scholars from world wide representing eighteen (18) international locations, participated within the ASI prepared via Professors Joseph Puglisi (Stanford college, united states) and Alexander Arseniev (Moscow, RU).
- Luther's Pine: An Autobiography
- Management of Antimicrobials in Infectious Diseases: Impact of Antibiotic Resistance (Infectious Disease)
- Biomaterials Science, Third Edition: An Introduction to Materials in Medicine
- Quality Control and Production of Biological Control Agents: Theory and Testing Procedures (Cabi Publishing)
- Arguments and Analysis in Bioethics. (Value Inquiry Book)
- Arthropod Diversity and Conservation (Topics in Biodiversity and Conservation)
Additional resources for Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Plants: Toward the Improvement of Global Environment and Food
33. Mittler, R. (2002) Oxidative stress, antioxidants and stress tolerance. Trends Plant Sci. 7, 405-410. 34. , Grill, E. I. (2000) Calcium channels activated by hydrogen peroxide mediate abscisic acid signaling in guard cells. Nature 406, 731-734. 35. C. I. (2001) Abscisic acid activation of plasma membrane Ca2+ channels in guard cells requires NAD(P)H and is differentially disrupted upstream and downstream of reactive oxygen species production in the abi1-1 and abi2-1 protein phosphatase 2C mutants.
Proline is taken into the cells through transporter proteins, such as proline transporter (high affinity) or amino acid transporter (low affinity). We have characterized salt-inducible proline transporter (HvProT) from barley roots . 1 µM) unlike betaine/proline transporter in Arabidopsis or tomato. HvProT mRNA is strongly induced in roots by salt stress, and its induction is earlier than that of P5CS, the limiting step of proline synthesis. Under salt stress, HvProT transcript is abundant in root tip region, especially root cap and cortex cells.
And Wang, X. (2004) Arabidopsis phospholipase Dalpha1 interacts with the heterotrimeric G-protein alpha-subunit through a motif analogous to the DRY motif in G-protein-coupled receptors. J. Biol. Chem. 279, 1794-1800. 58. , Welti, R. and Wang, X. (2004) The plasma membrane-bound phospholipase D delta enhances freezing tolerance in Arabidopsis thaliana. Nat. Biotechnol. 22, 427-433. 59. Xiong, L. K. (2003) Regulation of abscisic acid biosynthesis. Plant Physiol. 133, 29-36. 60. J. and Hartung, W.
Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Plants: Toward the Improvement of Global Environment and Food by Ashwani K. Rai (Editor), Teruhiro Takabe (Editor)